Forming an Alumni Club
Alumni Clubs are organized by alumni members for the purpose of promoting lifetime membership through networking, social events, community service, and professional development. Alumni Clubs align to a geographical area or chapter, and are recognized by the Executive Alumni Board of the National Alumni Association. Alumni Clubs may govern themselves by bylaws that are not in conflict with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Fraternity.
So you want to form an Alumni Club!
Here is a comprehensive guide on how to qualify and apply for an Alumni Club.
- Decide if you would like to establish an Alumni Club based on your chapter or geographical area. The existing Alumni Clubs are as follows:
- Gather other Familia that are interested in joining your club
- You will need a minimum of five (5) dues paying National Alumni Association members to form an Alumni Club. See details on NAA membership and dues HERE
- Alumni Clubs shall consist of Alumni or At Large members
- At Large members must have at least five (5) years of membership in the Fraternity.
- All members must be in good standing with the Fraternity.
- Have meetings with your prospective club members
- Prospective Alumni Clubs must meet at least two times prior to submitting the Alumni Club application.
- Make sure you record meeting minutes for these two meetings so you can submit them with your application.
- Form an Executive Board
- Prospective Alumni Clubs must identify a President, Vice President, Secretary and/or Treasurer before submitting their Alumni Club application.
- Establish an EIN and open a bank account on behalf of your Alumni Club
- Click HERE for instructions on how to establish an EIN and some tips on how to open a bank account.
- Download and fill out your application HERE and send to the NAA Executive Alumni Board – email@example.com
- What you’ll need to submit with your application:
- Copy of your EIN documentation and your new bank account statement.
- Meeting minutes from at least two (2) meeting held prior to submitting the application.
- The approval process:
- The Director of Membership (NAA) will review the application and confirm all the members are in good standing
- A 3/4ths majority vote of the Executive Alumni Board is required to recognize an Alumni Club.
- The group will be notified of the outcome within thirty (30) days of the application being submitted.
You are recognized - Now What?
Here are some items you may want to get started on in order to ensure the Alumni Club runs smoothly and effectively.
Alumni Club Bylaws
- Use the generic Alumni Club bylaws template HERE and amend them to fit the needs and desires of the Alumni Club.
- There are items highlighted in yellow to signify some of the bylaws the club may want to change to best fit its Alumni Club vision.
For more information about joining the National Alumni Association or establishing an Alumni Club, contact the Vice President of Alumni Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.