If you need assistance finding food, paying for housing bills, accessing free childcare, or other essential services, visit 211.org or dial 211 to speak to someone who can help. Run by the United Way.
Caregiver Action Network - CAREGIVING DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Caregivers are great at planning ahead and managing unexpected health crises, but with COVID-19 you may not have time to plan, or sort through the rapidly changing and sometimes conflicting available information. These tips can help keep you and your loved ones as safe as possible.
Alpha Psi Lambda COVID-19 Policies
The National Executive Board of Alpha Psi Lambda National, Inc. recognizes that the current environment is difficult to conduct Fraternity operations. However, it is critical that our Chapters maintain practices that protect the safety and health of our Members, Associate Members and the broader campus community. All Members and Associate Members are expected to comply with the below policies.
We highly encourage all members to wear protective masks or face coverings and practice social distancing when possible.
While there may be opportunities to conduct in-person meetings or activities (on/off campus), please recognize that if anyone feels uncomfortable it is encouraged for all activities to be conducted virtually, or for individuals to be provided the option to participate virtually.
As a reminder, members digitally signed a Covid Waiver when they completed Everfi’s GreekLifeEdu Training. Associate Members will be requested to sign and submit the Covid waiver at the start of the Membership Intake Process.
The following policies are subject to change. For specific questions or scenarios, contact us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 General Policies
- Follow and respect all guidance from the University, local and state governments
- Any chapter not adhering to the procedures put in place may face review and intervention by the Standards Board and/or National Executive Board
- If anyone does not feel well or are uncomfortable meeting in person, a virtual option must be provided
- No activities, icebreakers or team builders, may involve physical contact between attendees (on/off campus)
- Recommended safe practices:
- Contact-free, use technology such as QR codes, google forms, etc.
- Electronic payments only, no cash handling
- Mask wearing
- Social distancing
- Hand washing/hand sanitizer
- In the event that a Member or Associate Member tests positive or is exposed to COVID-19:
- All activities must be moved to a virtual platform until further notice
- Contact your Chapter Director immediately for further assistance/instruction.
University Specific Guidelines and Resources
Resources for Chapters
PhiredUp - Virtual Meeting Tips
PhiredUp - 44 Ways to Foster Brotherhood/Sisterhood Virtually
PhiredUp - Blog post Fraternity & Sorority will Endure
PhiredUp - Digital Recruitment Series
Virtual Community Service Projects
CacthaFire - Volunteer your skills to make a difference
Translators Without Boarders
Online Volunteering with the UN
LibriVox (record an audiobook)
Be My Eyes (help visually impaired people on your phone)
Resources for Students
Focus on Mental Health during COVID19 (Video)
UHaul 30 day self storage
Adobe Creative Cloud Tools
Chrome extensions for students
Enterprise Car Rental Assistance
Spectrum internet services free for 60 days - Call Spectrum at s Spectrum offer call 1-844-488-8395
Comcast Free Wifi Hotspots
Google Hangouts Premium for Free
44 Ways to Foster Brotherhood and Sisterhood Virtually from Phiredup
Tips on working from home
COVID-19 Resources for Illinois
Play board games online with friends
Frida Kahlo Virtual Exhibit
Ivy League Online Courses for Free
Free Virtual Museum Tours